Surrey Hills Challenge Volunteer Policy
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Surrey Hills Challenge.
We require around 100 volunteers in order to make the Surrey Hills Challenge a success each year. Without this support the event simply wouldn’t go ahead. We hope that you enjoy being part of this community event as much as we do.
Who is this policy for?
This policy is for anyone considering volunteering at the Surrey Hills Challenge. It outlines the principles on which the relationship between volunteers and the core Event Team is based and provides basic information about becoming part of the team.
We recruit volunteers with a range of skills, experience and strengths in order to create a diverse and welcoming team. Whether you’d like to volunteer as part of your club or approach us as an individual we are grateful for your support and will find a role to suit you. Please register your interest at www.surreyhillschallenge.com. Once registered, do assume we would be grateful for your support and put the date in your diary! Please note, if you are under 16 years old on 25th September 2016 you will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
This Volunteer Policy document and a Volunteer Roles document are available online. Event information is available via www.surreyhillschallenge.com. The Event Team will be available to answer questions through Q & A sessions in the lead up to the event. We will provide volunteers with their personal Instruction Sheet two weeks prior to the Surrey Hills Challenge. All members of the volunteer team will receive a briefing from their Sector Leader on the event morning at their volunteer Report Station.
What you can expect from us:
- Briefing to enable you to fulfil your role
- Equal opportunities to anyone wishing to volunteer
- A role matched, as far as possible, to your skills, experiences and ability
- A working environment which ensures your health, safety and welfare
- A free place in the event for yourself or a friend in 2017
- References on request post event
- A fun and friendly team environment
- A lunch pack and branded event freebie
What we expect from you in return:
- Read your Instruction Sheet before you arrive. You can learn more, and get more from your role, if you also take a look at the website
- Act as a good ambassador for the Surrey Hills Challenge and reflect our values
- Work as a team with fellow volunteers and event staff
- Be friendly and approachable, and respect everyone equally
- Provide as much notice as possible if you are unable to volunteer
- Have a great day, get involved and enjoy your volunteering!
Support and Advice: If you would like further information and advice on any aspect of volunteering at the Surrey Hills Challenge contact us on 01483 542221.