You don’t need to run or walk to be part of the biggest sporting event in Surrey!
As a volunteer you’ll join our amazing team in a variety of different roles. It’s hard work but we promise you’ll have fun, make friends and experience the electric atmosphere of race day.
Volunteers make a big difference and support us for three to eight hours on event day and we need more than 50 volunteers to help with:
- Welcoming and registration of participants
- Food & water station marshalling
- Parking and traffic management
- Medal giving
- Cheerleading (most important!)
- Route marshalling
Volunteer and we'll give you or a friend free entry in 2018, a full briefing and support on race day as well as refreshments. It is a great day out!
Are you part of a running or walking club or group?
Why not support us as a club and we will give you an area to ‘own’. Work as a team and take responsibility for your route section. Bring along club flags or branding and we'll hlp promote you. Mention your club or group whilst signing up and we’ll do our best to position you together.
Volunteering not only helps the event and charities, but could be good for you too. By joining the Surrey Hills Challenge team you’ll get the opportunity to apply existing skills to different environments and get a taste of the Charity and Events industry.
Are you a student or graduate?
Volunteering is ideal for students looking to gain skills and experience in a competitive field.
Are you looking for work?
Then add something different and special to your CV and stand out from the crowd.
We’ll keep you busy and engaged whilst you enjoy retirement.
Want to meet new friends and build confidence?
Our team will help you build confidence and feel good while making a big difference for the Community Foundation for Surrey and Surrey Hills Trust Fund.
– Volunteers must be over the age of 18, however 16 and 17 year olds will be considered on a case by case basis and must have prior parent/guardian consent and supervision on event day. Please get in touch for more information.
– If you are not a UK, EU or EAA national you must ensure that you have the right to volunteer in the UK.